Additional information courtesy of David Slinger and Barry Banham
Official Number: 166925
Yard Number: 46
Gross Tonnage: 111.6
Net Tonnage: 47.60
L.O.A: 95.0 ft
length: 92.3 ft
Breadth: 22.3 ft
Depth: 9.3 ft
Engine: 4 -cyl 240BHP HRN4 oil engine by Crossley Brothers Ltd, Openshaw, Manchester
27.11.1942: Ordered by The Admiralty (Admiralty 1501 class MFV) from Wivenhoe Shipyards Ltd, Wivenhoe (the yard having been re-opened by Government decree in 1939. A Rowhedge Ironworks Co Ltd, subsidiary). Launched as MFV1545 (Yd.No.46). Laid up at Brightlingsea to make way for MMS builds.
21.05.1946: Sold to Fleetwood Drifters Co Ltd, Brixham and completed as a fishing vessel by Rowhedge Ironworks Co Ltd, Rowhedge, Essex. Registered at Brixham as IAGO (BM20). Arthur E. Dexter designated manager.
1951: Sold to Torbay Trawlers Ltd, Brixham. Arthur E. Dexter designated manager.
1953: Re-engined with 3-cyl 300bhp by W. H. Podd Ltd, Lowestoft. Engine installed by W. H. Podd Ltd. Lowestoft.
13.10.1959: Sold to Putford Enterprises Ltd, Paignton. Brixham registry closed. Registered at Lowestoft as IAGO (LT170). Anthony Rainey designated manager.
10.1959: Re-engined with 6-cyl 335bhp by Ruston & Hornsby Ltd, Lincoln. Engine installed by Richards Ironworks Ltd, Lowestoft and engine room topside casing modified.
28.10.1959: Registered at Lowestoft as MORELEIGH (LT170).
12.06.1963: At Lowestoft grounded on North extension pier.
19.03.1965: Sold to Robert Pattison, West Hartlepool and John Bell, Shotton Colliery (joint owners).
19.03.1965: Sold to Albert Fishing Co Ltd, Hartlepool. Robert Douglas designated manager.
12.04.1965: Lowestoft registry closed.
04.1965: Registered at Hartlepool as MORELEIGH (HL160).
24.11.1966: At Lowestoft for overall be G. Overy & Sons Ltd, Lowestoft.
10.1969: At Hartlepool from North Sea trip (Sk. Rodney Sheader) landed – 4 days 190 kits £1,400 gross.
18.02.1972: Sold to Mrs Edith Anna Szivkoviny, Darlington. Lola Fishing Co Ltd, Hartlepool managing agents.
24.01.1973: Sold to Andrew Brian Adamson, Bolton. Ernest Salthouse, Fleetwood designated manager.
16.01.1974: Sold to Ernest Salthouse and John Brackenbury, Fleetwood. Ernest Salthouse designated managing owner.
1978: At Fleetwood stripped of all useable parts and non-ferrous metals. Hulk towed out of Wyre Dock by ALAUNA (RO67) and left on marsh land south side of Dock Channel, sea cocks opened and hulk settled.
2019: Hulk still visible. Hartlepool registry closed.
Click to enlarge images
29/11/2019: Page published.
09/12/2019: Image added.