Additional information courtesy of Jan Harteveld, Barry Banham, Mike Thompson, Bob Durrant and Bob Mitchell
Official Number: 181298
Yard Number: 777
Gross Tonnage: 384.84
Net Tonnage: 118.99
Length: 133.5 ft
Breadth: 25.6 ft
Depth: 12.6 ft
Engine: 540bhp 8 cyl 2 SA oil engine by Crossley Bros Ltd, Openshaw, Manchester
Speed: 11.3 knots
26.09.1946: Launched by Cooke, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley (Yd.No.777) for The Great Western Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen, as ALLAN WATER.
28.03.1947: Registered at Hull (H420).
28.03.1947: Basil A. Parkes, Fleetwood appointed manager.
04.03.1948: Transferred to Fleetwood.
08.1948: Sold to N.V. Visscherijonderneming de VEM, IJmuiden, Holland (MoT ref: G.S.P.8762 dated16.07.1948).
11.08.1948: Hull registry closed. Registered at IJmuiden (IJM34).
1954: Re-engined with a 6-cyl 4SA oil engine by WUMAG-Krupp, Görlitz, engine made 1941 (U-boat design).
12.01.1960: Sold to Visserijonderneming v/h J.C. Pronk, IJmuiden. Last skipper out of IJmuiden before lay up, Dirk Roeleveld.
1964: Laid up at IJmuiden with engine problems.
1964: Sold in an en bloc deal with motor trawler THORINA (IJM33) to Claridge Trawlers Ltd, Lowestoft (J. Leggett manager). Engine was started but found to have camshaft housing fractured.
21.08.1964: Arrived Lowestoft from IJmuiden in tow of THORINA. Laid up pending outfitting and re-engining. WUMAG-Krupp engine used for spares for ST. GEORGES.
21.12.1964: UK Register opened and sanctioned to rename ST. DAVIDS (LT494).
11.1965: Re-engined with a 4-cyl 1100bhp (derated to 954bhp) 4SA oil engine by Ruston & Hornsby Ltd, Lincoln.
01.1966: Sailed on first trip from Lowestoft (Sk. Billy Hitter).
09.05.1966: Registered at Lowestoft as ST. DAVIDS (LT494).
10.1966: First Lowestoft vessel to gross £4,000 (Sk. Billy Hitter).
1967: First Lowestoft vessel to gross £5,000 and second highest earning Lowestoft vessel, £62,710 (Sk. Billy Hitter).
06.1980: Sold to Romford Steel Supplies Ltd, Romford, Essex for breaking up.
15.07.1980: Sold on to Medway Secondary Metals Ltd, Rainham, Kent.
09.1980: Sailed Lowestoft for Medway.
05.01.1981: Breaking began at Bloors Wharf, Rainham.
2?.01.1981: Lowestoft registry closed, vessel broken up.
Click to enlarge images
25/09/2016: Page re-published due to site problems.