Additional information courtesy of Barry Banham
Official Number: 120341
Yard Number: 190
Gross Tonnage: 76
Net Tonnage: 20
Length: 80.4 ft
Breadth: 18.3 ft
Depth: 8.8 ft
Built: Fellows & Co Ltd, Gt Yarmouth
Engine: 150ihp C.3-cyl by Crabtree & Co Ltd, Gt. Yarmouth.
Boiler by Riley Brothers (Boilermakers) Ltd, Stockton-on-Tees
Re-engined: 200bhp oil engine by Mirrlees, Bickerton & Day Ltd, Stockport
1905: Launched by Fellows & Co Ltd, Gt Yarmouth (Yd.No.190) for their own account as TOGO.
27.6.1905: Registered at Yarmouth (YH477). Henry Fellows appointed manager.
19.2.1906: Sold to The Admiral Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Lowestoft.
21.2.1906: Yarmouth registry closed.
22.2.1906: Registered at Lowestoft (LT609). George Mitchell appointed manager. Valued at £2,700.
11.1906: Lost propeller.
7.1910: At Blyth in collision with The Blyth Harbour Commissioners’ dredger CAMBOIS (674grt/1895); damaged.
1.1.1914: Tonnage altered to 26net under provision of Merchant Shipping Act 1907.
1.1915: Requisitioned for war service as an A/S net drifter (1-3pdr) (Ad.No.1016). Based Aegean Sea.
16.3.1919: Returned to owner at Lowestoft.
16.4.1920: Sold to Robert John Balls (64/64), Gt Yarmouth for the sum of £2,000.
20.4.1920: Lowestoft registry closed.
21.4.1920: Registered at Yarmouth (YH248). Robert J. Balls designated managing owner.
16.10.1925: In collision in Lowestoft harbour with steam drifter GALILEAN (FR68).
20.10.1926: At Yarmouth top landing – 180 crans of herring (Sk. D. Balls).
1.11.1933: Robert John Balls died. Probate granted to Ronald Balls, Sidney Thomas Tunbridge and Robert Randall, all Lowestoft (joint owners 64/64).
9.8.1934: Sold to Alfred Samuel Ling (32/64) and Sidney Owen Bird (40/64), Lowestoft.
1935: Converted to motor by LBS Engineering Ltd, Lowestoft. Re-engined with 200bhp oil engine by Mirrlees, Bickerton & Day Ltd, Stockport.
12.7.1935: Re-registered at Yarmouth (YH248) following conversion to motor.
1.8.1935: Yarmouth registry closed.
30.8.1935: Registered at Lowestoft (LT69).
31.8.1935: Sold to Jubilee Fishing Co Ltd (64/64) Lowestoft. Alfred S. Ling appointed manager.
1935: Remeasured 28n.
1940s: Seasonal white fish trawling from Fleetwood.
24.5.1943: Typical landing, 61 boxes – 15 cod, 16 plaice, 3 flats, 17 roker, 3 gurnard, 7 sole & prime – eight days.
1946: Leonard F. Milton, London appointed manager.
12.1.1953: Vessel and company sold to Leonard F. Milton, Peckham, London.
7.5.1958: Sold to Colne Fishing Co Ltd, Lowestoft. Gerald D. Claridge appointed manager.
1964: Refit then laid up pending a decision on future.
10.1964: Sold to Lacmots Ltd, Queenborough for breaking up.
8.10.1964: Sailed Lowestoft for Queenborough towing motor trawler TOBAGO (168grt/1950) (LT182) also for breaking.
16.2.1967: Lowestoft Part IV registry closed.
10.6.1967: Lowestoft registry Part I registry closed. “… vessel broken up”.
Click to enlarge images
07/12/2016: Page re-published due to site problems.