Additional information courtesy of Barry Banham and Douglas Paterson Fishing Boat Heritage
In Boston (Fleetwood) ownership. Did not sail from the port.
Official Number: 166711
Yard Number: 1332
Gross Tonnage: 133
Net Tonnage: 42
Length: 96.8 ft
Breadth: 21.1 ft
Depth: 9.5 ft
Engine: 6-cyl 350bhp oil engine by Crossley Bros Ltd, Openshaw. Manchester
2.10.1947: Launched by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby (Yd.No.1332) for Frederick E Catchpole, Lowestoft, as SUNLIT WATERS.
7.2.1948: Registered at Lowestoft (LT377).
29.5.1951: Sold to Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Basil A. Parkes, manager).
1952: Re-engined with 6-cyl 440bhp oil engine by Crossley Bros Ltd, Openshaw. Manchester.
8.5.1952: Registered at Lowestoft as BOSTON SWIFT(LT377).
3.9.1954: Sold to Mercury Fisheries Ltd, Halifax, NS (Paul Stockhamer, London, manager). Lowestoft registry closed.
21.9.1954: Lowestoft registry closed.
9.1954: Registered at Halifax, NS (‘H’11).
By end 1956: Owned by Minister of Trade & Industry, Halifax, NS.
3.1957: Sold to George Murray & Craig Stores (Aberdeen) Ltd, Aberdeen. Halifax registry closed.
6.3.1957: Registered at Aberdeen (A143).
30.4.1957: Registered at Aberdeen as SWIFTBURN (A143).
24.4.1958: Sold to Star Drift Fishing Co Ltd, Lowestoft (Frederick E Catchpole, manager).
24.4.1958: Aberdeen registry closed.
26.4.1958: Registered at Lowestoft (LT367).
16.10.1958: Registered at Lowestoft as DAUNTLESS STAR (LT367).
21.10.1959: At Lowestoft (Sk George Draper) landed 1891/2 crans of herring caught 40 miles NxE of Haisborough Light. Prunier Trophy winner.
1965: Company and ships taken over by Boston Group, Hull.
10.1966: On charter to Triton Salvage & Towage Co Ltd for oil industry related work in North Sea.
12.2.1969: Sold to John R, Francis & Alexander Reid, Gardenstown and Frank West, Fraserburgh. Used as a herring carrier working with purse seiner BDELLIUM (FR185); not a success and laid up.
19.6.1971: Sold to J R Hashim, Frostenden, Suffolk.
4.12.19073: Sold to Warbler Fishing Co Ltd, Lowestoft.
4.8.1975: Sold to R. J. Brooks, Ipswich. Lowestoft fishing registry closed.
1977: Sailed Lowestoft for United Arab Emirates. In use as a water carrier for offshore installations.
21.12.1999: Part Four Lowestoft registry closed.
2008: Vessel removed from Lloyd’s Register of Shipping “Continued existence in doubt”.
Click to enlarge images
17/11/2016: Page re-published due to site problems.