Official Number: 303293
Yard Number: 1469
IMO No: 5300364
Gross Tonnage: 288
Net Tonnage: 92
Length: 109 ft
Breadth: 24 ft
Depth: 12 ft
Built: Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby
Engine: 4 stroke 6-cyl 785bhp oil engine by Ruston & Hornsby Ltd, Lincoln.
Owner: Wyre Trawlers Ltd (BUT)
24.11.1961: Launched by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby (Yd.No.1469) for Ross Trawlers Ltd, Grimsby as ROSS CURLEW.
5.1962: Completed. Registered at Grimsby (GY692).
1969: Ross Group joined with Associated Fisheries Group to form British United Trawlers Ltd (B.U.T.), Hull.
1969: Transferred to Goweroak Ltd, Grimsby.
1970: Transferred within the British United Trawlers Group to fish from Fleetwood operated by Wyre Trawlers Ltd.
1972: Transferred within the British United Trawlers Group to fish from Granton operated by British United Trawlers (Granton) Ltd.
1978: Transferred within British United Trawlers Group to fish out of Aberdeen operated by British United Trawlers (Aberdeen) Ltd.
1.1980: Sold to The Colne Fishing Co Ltd, Lowestoft (G.D. Claridge, manager). Converted for offshore platform standby/safety duties.
1981: Renamed ANEGADA. Grimsby registry closed, no longer fishing. Registered at Lowestoft. Based at Lowestoft employed on offshore rig standby/safety.
1.1992: Sold in an en bloc deal with BARNSLEY, COLNE KESTREL (ex BOSTON KESTREL) and CRYSTAL PALACE, to C. Knight/Caravel Maritime Ltd, Rainham for demolition by Caravel Maritime at Bloor’s Wharf, Lower Rainham.
Click to enlarge images
01/11/2016: Page re-published due to site problems.
16/11/2016: Picture added.