M.T. Benvolio – FD347

Technical

Official Number: 365788
Built: 1976, Tweed Shipyard, Berwick
RSS Number: A13269
Gross Tonnage: 164grt / 63nrt
Length: 86 ft
Breadth: 21′ 11″
Depth: 9 ft
Owner: British United Trawlers, Wyre Trawlers Ltd, managers

History

1973: Ordered from Ryton Marine Ltd, Wallsend on Tyne for Sk. Alex Strachan, Peterhead & Caley Fisheries Group, Aberdeen.
1974: Ryton Marine Ltd in liquidation.
1974: Order transferred to Intrepid Marine International Ltd, Berwick.
3.1975: Intrepid Marine International Ltd, Berwick in liquidation. Berwick Shipyard taken over by Associated Fisheries Ltd, Hull.
1975: Sk. Strachan sold interest to Caley Fisheries Group, Aberdeen.
1976: Shipyard continued building under title of Tweed Shipyard (Berwick) Ltd. Vessel transferred to Associated Fisheries Group.
1976: Launched by Tweed Shipyard (Berwick) Ltd, Berwick (Yd.No.1003) for British United Trawlers (Grimsby) Ltd, Grimsby (Associated Fisheries Group) as DEVOTION (PD147).
1976: Completed as OLIVIA.
1976: Allocated by British United Trawlers to Fleetwood (Wyre Trawlers Ltd, managers). Renamed BENVOLIO (FD347).
7th October 1976: Maiden Voyage.
1978: Sold to Sk. Peter B. Ritchie, Peterhead & Caley Fisheries (Peterhead) Ltd. Fleetwood registry closed. Registered at Peterhead (PD243).
1986: Renamed ILLUSTRIOUS (PD243).
1990(?): Sold to Andrew Ritchie, St. Fergus & Others (Peterhead Fishermen Ltd, agents).
199?: Fitted with a shelterdeck.
4 stroke 6-cyl 720bhp/537kW oil engine by Mirrlees Blackstone Ltd, Stockport.
199?: Re-engined with 740bhp/545kW oil engine by Caterpillar.
2002: Decommissioned and sold for demolition.

Click to enlarge images

M.T. Benvolio FD347

M.T. Benvolio FD347
Picture © Peter Brady

M.T. Benvolio FD347

M.T. Benvolio FD347
Picture © Peter Brady

Changelog
07/10/2016: Page re-published due to site problems.