Additional information courtesy of Bill Blow
Official Number: 166649
Yard Number: 364
Gross Tonnage: 111.89
Net Tonnage: 36.31
Length: 87.2 ft
Depth: 8.0 ft
Built: East Anglian Constructors Ltd, Lowestoft
Engine: 240bhp 4-cyl 2 stroke oil engine by Crossley Bros Ltd, Openshaw, Manchester.
1946: Launched by East Anglian Constructors Ltd, Lowestoft (Yd.No.364) (Admiralty 95ft MFV) for The Admiralty as MFV1579. Order cancelled prior to completion.
16.5.1946: Sold to Aldred Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Fleetwood.
9.1946: Completed as a fishing vessel.
24.9.1946: Registered at Grimsby as AYLESBY (GY329).
24.9.1946: Harry Markham Cook, Louth appointed manager.
6.12.1946: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Barclays Bank Ltd, London (A).
10.12.1946: Company registered office transferred to Grimsby.
9.6.1948: Mortgage (A) discharged.
12.6.1948: Sold to Huxley Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Grimsby.
15.6.1948: Harry Markham Cook, Louth appointed manager.
19.6.1948: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Barclays Bank Ltd, London (B).
19.3.1951: Alteration of tonnage and other particulars following survey at Gt Yarmouth1 3.1951 – 41.39 net.
20.3.1951: Grimsby registry closed.
27.3.1951: Registered at Lowestoft (LT232). Harry Markham Cook, Louth appointed manager.
8.5.1951: At 2.00am. when some 70 miles NE by N of Smith’s Knoll caught fire. Crew taken off by steam trawler Isle of Wight (H852) (Sk. Charles Honeywood).
9.5.1951: Foundered while ablaze from stem to stern.
23.51951: Lowestoft registry closed “Vessel lost at sea”.
Click to enlarge images
03/10/2016: Page re-published due to site problems.