M.T. Red Rose – LO36

Technical

Official Number: 186345
Yard Number: 254
Completed: 1956
Gross Tonnage: 407
Length: 138 ft
Breadth: 26.9 ft
Depth: 13.25 ft

History

1956: Completed by John Lewis & Sons, Aberdeen as RED ROSE for the Iago Steam Trawling Co, Fleetwood. Registered at London (LO36).
1963: Bought by the Boston Group.
1972: Renamed BOSTON INVADER and registered at Fleetwood (FD161).
04 1973: Transferred to Lowestoft.
01.05.1973: First landing at Lowestoft.
February 1975: Sold to Safetyships Ltd and renamed INVERLOCHY for use as an oil rig standby vessel.
1979: Owned by George Craig & Sons Ltd (North Star Fishing Co Ltd, managers). Renamed GRAMPIAN LOCH and put on oil rig support work.
1986: Sold by North Star to T. Pardoe, Exmouth & others laid up at Torpoint and advertised for re-sale.
1991: Sold by A. Pardoe, Exmouth & S. Pepper, Rochdale to Western Ocean Towage Co Ltd, Plymouth (Capt S. Oates & others). Unofficially renamed MR CORNISHMAN.
09.1991: Renamed CORNISHMAN by St. Vincent & Grenadines flag associates of Western Ocean Towage Co Ltd, Plymouth (Capt S. Oates & others).
At the end of 1992 Silas Oates sold her to Spanish principals and the rumour was that she would go back fishing.
18.12.1992: On her delivery voyage to Vigo/Corunna she ran aground East of Faro Olhao Bar Portugal and was subsequently abandoned.

Click to enlarge images

M.T. Red Rose LO36

M.T. Red Rose LO36
Picture courtesy of Frans Schaap

M.T. Red Rose LO36

M.T. Red Rose LO36
Picture courtesy of Len Charnley

S.S.V. inverlochy FD161

S.S.V. Inverlochy FD161

Changelog
08/09/2016: Page re-published due to site problems.