M.T. Red Rose LO36
Official Number: 186345
Yard Number: 254
Gross Tonnage: 407
Length: 138 ft
Breadth: 26.9 ft
Depth: 13.25 ft
Built: John Lewis, Aberdeen
1956: Completed by John Lewis & Sons, Aberdeen as RED ROSE for the Iago Steam Trawling Co, Fleetwood. Registered at London (LO36).
1963: Bought by the Boston Group.
1972: Renamed BOSTON INVADER and registered at Fleetwood (FD161).
April 1973: Transferred to Lowestoft.
01.05.1973: First landing at Lowestoft.
February 1975: Sold to Safetyships Ltd and renamed INVERLOCHY for use as an oil rig standby vessel.
1979: Owned by George Craig & Sons Ltd (North Star Fishing Co Ltd, managers). Renamed GRAMPIAN LOCH and put on oil rig support work.
1986: Sold by North Star to T. Pardoe, Exmouth & others laid up at Torpoint and advertised for re-sale.
1991: Sold by A. Pardoe, Exmouth & S. Pepper, Rochdale to Western Ocean Towage Co Ltd, Plymouth (Capt S. Oates & others). Unofficially renamed MR CORNISHMAN.
09.1991: Renamed CORNISHMAN by St. Vincent & Grenadines flag associates of Western Ocean Towage Co Ltd, Plymouth (Capt S. Oates & others).
At the end of 1992 Silas Oates sold her to Spanish principals and the rumour was that she would go back fishing.
18.12.1992: On her delivery voyage to Vigo/Corunna she ran aground East of Faro Olhao Bar Portugal and was subsequently abandoned.
Click to enlarge images
Red Rose in heavy weather. Pictures courtesy of the late Fred Hobbs